4.11.2013

Affections

sunglasses, ray ban // lace scalloped blouse, madewell // plaid flannel, vintage // velvet leggings, american apparel // loafers, vintage // necklace, madewell // gold watch, michael kors // rings, assorted
Mixing masculine {plaid flannels} with feminine {lace & velvet} is one of my favorite things to do! Pairing garments together, when one would normally find them unfitting, is always fun. 
The scalloping of the blouse and the punch of color in the necklace are by far my favorite details in this outfit.
I'm so glad the weather has warmed a bit lately; I've been feeling deprived of all my lace, chiffon and silk!
spring |spriNG|
[ noun ] the season after winter and before summer, 
in which vegetation begins to appear, 
in the northern hemisphere from March to May, 
in the southern from September to November.
Though march is known as the official wakening of spring in my area, the sprouts of life that fall hand in hand with the title are just beginning to appear. Everywhere I go, hillsides are bursting with fiery yellows, electric blues, vibrant greens -- each of these colors budding more excitement within me. Fondness of spring {as well as summer} is something I've always held, and the emotions I feel around this time of year are inexplicable. 
The seedlings that my close friends and I scattered in our yard have yet to bloom, though their shoots have now appeared; something to be celebrated. All I know is, I look forward to the day I can open my front door, look out onto the yard, and be greeted with poppy orange and wildflower purples. 
Happy spring, everyone. 

10 comments:

  1. I love your flannel so much! Not to mention that you style it incredibly well.



    laniduvall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this slightly grunge look!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is gorgeous <3

    And I love how you wore the lace top, I'm totally against undershirts as well ^__^

    ruaninish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this!

    www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so lovely, and i love all the small details in your outfit.
    The short fringe and raybans look so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting look. Love the sunnies. Velvet leggings and leather loafers make for a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those loafers!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing photos! Your necklace really stood out to me! Where is it from?

    Sandy

    http://www.andsaltwater.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind! JUST scrolled up to read your text :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.