5.14.2013

Gauzed Haze

golden age top, c.o. free people // eyelet pocket cutoffs, c.o. free people // sunglasses, ray ban // dipped gold leaf necklace, my lovely boyfriend {favorite necklace, ever} // belt, shoes & coach purse, vintage
gold watch, michael kors // rings, madewell

{I'm obsessed with the wash of these shorts, the stitched detailing at the seams, & the lace scalloped pockets!}
lace blouse, vintage 
I got my septum pierced! I've wanted this for years.

Good morning & happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is doing well & if in a sun soaked area, I hope you're taking every chance to
enjoy the heat {just as I've been doing}!

Last week, the sun was at it's peak of the day {as was the heat}, so my friend
Miguel & I made the wise decision to drive up Mount Tamalpais, where it would be +10 degrees warmer than everywhere else, adventure 'round and take photographs.
Met with a mild to nonexistent breeze and blistering light,
the two of us had a bittersweet time, enjoying the view and silence, loathing the heat wave.
Thankfully I was wearing my new garments from Free People, which saved me from an all-embracing death.
I can envision myself wearing this outfit on//in different occasions & settings: from a festival weekend to a day at the beach,
I'd don this mix most anytime, anywhere. Huge thank you to Free People for the rad lace top and jean shorts!

{life updates & such}
There are just a few weeks left of classes for my spring semester, & once school is out, I'll be spending most time in nature.
I'll be out to run, hike, swim, tan {sleep, read}, canoe {& kayak} and hopefully camp!
Whether it be with friends, my love or myself, the goal this summer is to do all of the above and more.
The more: spending as much time as I can creating. While school is in session, I find myself creatively deprived & unmotivated,
not having enough time to focus on the arts I love.
By taking time to draw, photograph, write and blog this summer {yielding a bounty of accomplishments}, I feel my upcoming semester at Sonoma State will be greeted with excitement & ambition to grow and learn all I can.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
Focus on hobbies & projects you love.
♥ Danielle     

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to start pursuing more creative and personal endeavors soon. School is important but can be such a drain. Love this top on you, also!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the loafers, and the photography looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! Love the shirt and sunnies. :)

    www.freckledfeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style - it comes so naturally too you. Keep up the blog as it is really great and gives me ideas. Very creative and great sense of colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.