4.27.2012

Floral Coral

I've been spending so much time in San Francisco lately; even though the semester has been exceptionally grueling this past month, I can't stop myself from going back. These photos were taken last week in the Mission by my friend Ahmed. I spent most of that day in the city wandering around the Fillmore district with a few friends; whether we were skimming the racks of boutiques, chowing down on veggie burgers or chatting over cups of coffee, every moment was sublime. Later in the evening I went to see The Horrors play at Bimbo's, which was absolutely stellar. 
I decided to wear bright, flowy garments that day because I knew it was supposed to be warm and sunny; my thin layers ended up working perfectly, though I did have a few sweaters to protect myself from San Francisco's famed nightly fog. With all of the rain California has been getting lately, I'm taking every chance I can to dress my spring best.
I'm head over heels for this blouse I got from Romwe the other day. It's the perfect combination of sheer, pastel and floral. I also love that the collar is navy; it makes the top so versatile.
I can't remember who it was, but one of my friends shouted a few shameless expletives which resulted in the facial expression you see above. Of course, I rebelled with a sassy comeback of my own. Pretty sure I won. Preeeeetty sure.
Touting around my beloved Dooney & Bourke satchel...definitely the best item I've ever splurged on. 

floral blouse: c/o romwe / chiffon skirt: american apparel / wedges: dolce vita / satchel: dooney & bourke / sunglasses: ray ban / 
belt: vintage / rings: h&m, jewelmint / rose gold watch: marc by marc jacobs / bracelets: asos, j. crew, h&m / nail polish: essie, turquoise & caicos 

29 comments:

  1. you are too beautiful! sorry if this sounds creepy, but i can't stop staring at your gorgeous face!


    Gela
    boat ride through the sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am in love with this outfit! It's very vintage-esque, but the way that you accessorized it makes it modern!

    Michelle
    www.michelleesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the expression of your reaction to your friends comments is perfect! xD
    Would've been amused to hear your scorching reply. Sounds like a fun time at San Francisco!
    I love this floral blouse too, and the skirt is a perfect maroon shade.
    And those shoes!! I'm in love <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Most of what I say is actually coated in sarcasm...I'm sure you would find my personality surprising, most people do, haha.

      xx
      Danielle

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! Im loving your blog! :) Im now following! Hoping to see some more outfits like this, i love it! visit/follow me back, please?♥

    NotesFromTheFairies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great!!! Love the blouse, the skirt, the shoes!!! Ahhh can we meet already?
    itsnother-itsme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to meet you! We'll have to figure out a day to hang out in SF this summer. It would be rad.

      Delete
  6. I think this is my all-time favourite of all your lovely outfits!! That blouse is gorgeous and it's perfect with the burgundy skirt. I won a Romwe voucher a few weeks ago and had been saving it for the 'perfect' purchase and finally spent it a few days ago - not knowing you were about to unveil this gem of a blouse :) My credit card is silently cursing you now because I have to have it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit. Definitely one of my favorites of ours. Those shoes are incredible.

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  8. That outfit is perfect ! The tones, the floral pattern, your shoes ... I love everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. I want your skirt and blouse so bad! Such a cute and pretty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, so cute <3

    XOFEMKE.
    www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazing! lovely blog|
    http://silviainvenice.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're so so beautiful! i love this!! just started following you :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie! I'm so flattered, I absolutely love your blog.

      xx

      Danielle

      Delete
  13. You look gorgeous! Looove the outfit. x

    http://thedamselinadress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the contrast in colors between the turquoise/mint/etc. color of your toes and the bright coral/salmon color of the shoes. it's absolutely lovely!

    -Jenn
    asmallbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this whole outfit! Everything works perfectly together! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning outfit,I love your blog!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is simply perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in love with this outfit. I seriously wish I could pull off a skirt like that, but I can't so I'll just live vicariously through you haha! I love the blouse too - I'm a complete sucker for florals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wauw! I absolutely adore this skirt! SO beautiful! I love that shade of purple :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous! And what an amazing blog, just started following you :)

    Angela @ The Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  21. the color of that skirt = love <33

    xx,
    thecoattaileffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. very nice publish, i definitely love this website, keep on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.