8.10.2012

Thermal

It seems summer has reached it's ultimate peak these past few days! The sweltering 100 degree weather has left me either melting outdoors or locked up inside with only a t-shirt on, fan blasting. I'm currently doing the latter and let me tell you, a hot aluminum laptop burning my legs is far from ideal for the moment. I digress. Besides, it's been ages since I've updated all of you on anything!
Hmmm...what to get started on. This week has been absolutely C R A Z Y . I had the pleasure of going to the De Young with my best friend Kaddie to see the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit which was phenomenal. If any of you live around the bay area, I highly suggest going before it ends (next week)! I went in thinking it would only take about two hours max to view the display from start to finish, but it ended up taking over three hours. Each showroom was so intricate, and seeing JPG's couture pieces in person was...well, breathtaking. Like I said, try to go if you can! 
The day after visiting the Gaultier exhibit, I went skydiving! Instead of doing the 9,000ft drop that most people do, my friends and I decided to try the 13,000ft drop. Best decision ever, since it made our free fall a full minute instead of thirty seconds! This was the first time I'd ever been skydiving, and the feeling of falling is completely indescribable. I was so overwhelmed with excitement, anticipation and nervousness. I was the first of my friends to jump from the plane, and my stomach dropped when I had to lean over the edge, feet sticking out past the floor and all. After jumping, I felt an overwhelming sense of bliss, alongside an intense adrenaline rush. The sky was clear, the air was crisp and cool and the open fields below were breathtaking. If I had the funds, I would jump again in a heartbeat. I plan on going again in the future, hopefully doing 18,000ft this time!
sunglasses: ray ban meteor / blouse: c.o romwe / shorts: urban renewal (from '09) / shoes: madewell
Since anything with sleeves is currently a death sentence, I've been stripped down to single layers *sheds tear*
Over accessorizing with jewelry helps balance out my crazy eclectic need for tons and tons of layers and prints. This day in particular I felt a bit uninspired, so I was lacking in personal creativity. Meh. I guess everyone has bad days, right?
watch: michael kors / bracelets: j.crew, asos / rings: h&m, jewelmint
Have a great weekend everyone!
ps: to those of you who live in North America, are you going to watch the Perseid meteor shower this weekend? It's going to be at its peak late Saturday/early Sunday. I'm really looking forward to gazing out onto the sky & enjoying the show, I hope some of you get the chance to do the same! 

18 comments:

  1. Simple and sweet!

    Rachel
    floralprintsandcommonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the detailing of the top! She shorts are really cute!


    http://nadine-felice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit, I like the simplicity.
    And wow, I would never go skydiving >.< But you make it sound like fun.

    www.freckledfeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultimate jealousy right now that you went skydiving! I have a fear of heights but you made it sound like it'd be the best experience ever and now I want to try it!

    On another note, I really love how your shorts have that little ruffling at the end. Cute :)

    -Jenn
    Chīsana Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit! Perfect for the hot weather!

    thedamselinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Danielle!
    It seems like it's been forever since I've seen one of your posts...I'm glad to see you back! :)

    Please don't get me started on the crazy summer heat.
    My AC broke a few days ago, the repairman isn't showing up, and it's like A BILLION DEGREES outside.
    So I definitely feel your pain girl!

    The Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit sounds absolutely breathtaking. It must feel amazing to be able to see beautiful couture pieces up close. I definitely wish I lived in San Fran so I could go check it out!

    SKYDIVING?!?! Holy cows! You're so insanely brave! <3
    I have this insane fear of heights so I don't think I could ever go skydiving. You make it sound like so much fun though!
    It sounds exhilarating and anxiety attack-inducing and wild and fun and crazy!
    Hmmm...I may have to try skydiving someday then!
    A while back, a few of my relatives went skydiving. I remember seeing a video they took....let's just say that it involved a lot of screaming like a little girl! :)

    Anything with sleeves is currently a death sentence?
    That's awesome. I may need to quote you on that!
    I think you look perfect for the crazy summer heat we're experiencing right now.
    Your tank top is such a nice muted turquoise color and has the sweet little detail along the collar and the sleeves. the little laciness and pearl beads instantly make your tank top super classy and dressy looking.
    Paired with simple denim shorts (that cute little ruffle!), oxfords, and tons of jewelry, I think your tank top is the answer to looking great in the killer (literally) heat!

    Ooooh I'm so excited for the Perseid meteor shower!
    I've never really gotten a chance to see stars (or shooting stars for that matter) before so I think I'll enjoy nature's show this weekend :D


    Have an amazing weekend Danielle (and anyone else who happens to see this)!! <3


    ~Alice
    The Ace of Hearts

    P.S. Sorry for my crazy rambling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, skydiving! Awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blouse,
    you have beautiful hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this look! casual and stylish!

    www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS. The ruffling on the shorts is just adorable!! (:

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely outfit!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit! And if it's hot in the bay area, just imagine the heat in SoCal :c It's torture.

    ruaninish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful outfit! Your blog is SO wonderful! I just spent an hour going back and back looking at all your inspiring outfits! You have some mad layering skills Danielle! :)

    Elyse
    shortandsweetelyse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute outfit! =)

    Melanie
    http://aetherlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! Lovely outfit. Cute and simple yet chic :)
    Great blog
    Want to follow each other?
    www.fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is gorgeous! I love all your gold accessories. You have an incredible blog, darling!

    xoxo, Meera

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything about this outfit! From the sunglasses to the shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.