3.21.2013

Dreams

tank, madewell // flannel, vintage // velvet leggings, romwe // desert boots, clarks // necklace, free people
This week introduces my long awaited spring break, giving me a few more moments to breathe deeply, kick up my feet and appreciate all surrounding me.  
Though most of my "would be" down time is being devoted to work and study, 
I was lucky enough to get two full days off {something I haven't had in I don't remember how long!}.
Taking full advantage of this occurrence,
my weekend consisted of blasted speakers, the beach, a bottle of pear cider and laughter with loved ones. 
If only those days could last forever.

Though the lyrics to this song have no particular relevance, 
I haven't been able to shake these words, nor the 
ethereal melody from my head the past few days.

"now here you go again
you say you want your freedom
well who am I to keep you down
it's only right that you should
play the way you feel it
but listen carefully to the sound
of your loneliness
like a heartbeat, drives you mad
in the stillness of remembering
what you had, and what you lost
thunder only happens when it's raining
players only love you when they're playing
they say, women, they will come and they will go
when the rain washes you clean, you'll know
you'll know"
-Dreams, Stevie Nicks

Hope everyone is doing well, 
Danielle ♥ 

5 comments:

  1. Amazing look! Love the necklace and leggings :)

    Stop by sometimes...
    DARE 2 WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with this!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really am in love with those velvet leggings!! *O*

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those velvet leggings and shoes. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you heard this cover of that song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jm_XtCU16s

    it's pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.