3.05.2013

Fresh Start.

Mornin all. I know it's been far too long since I last posted, and I do apologize for that. I should have, could have, scribbled a little note of my haitus, though life got in the way.  
There have been quite a few changes that blossomed since my last posting here. 
A new job, switched major, sprouted and burned out friendships, morphed life views//perspectives, etc. 
At long last, I've moved out on my own and am now living with two phenomenal people, and a precious little pug {aka "pig" / "piglet", as we like to call him}. 
I now reside in my favorite city within Marin, in a neighborhood I've long been fond of. 
Another thing to note, the final semester at the JC I'm attending is in session, and held hopes for this upcoming fall are ones of the university level {fingers & toes crossed!}. 
Since my last writing here, there have {obviously} been a few surprises, though the most significant and truly beautiful change I've experienced is in the realm of romance. I've met a phenomenal man who I feel terribly happy with, and cannot imagine being without. We've grown together, and I'm very excited to see where our future is headed.

With all this metamorphosis comes a lot of emotion, whether joyous or frustrating. 
For now, I'm trying to take on these things slowly, walking with one foot in front of the other. Running will do me no good at this point, and I'm enjoying the view from where I am. 

So, this post is my introductory message, saying that I'm back and here to stay! 
I'm glad to be blogging again and sharing tidbits of my self and wardrobe with all of you. 
I hope my words are enjoyable and that everyone reading is doing well! 
From a place of truth and adoration for all reading, I want to say thank you. I feel very lucky to have such a great group of people interested in my words and the creative aspects of my being. 
I would not have started to take such bold chances with clothing without this blog, and this site has grown to be what it is {or what is was, and what it will now be since my break} thanks to all of you. 

And now, for my first outfit post of 2013!

 On days when I'm feeling particularly uninspired {as depicted here}, I love to throw on clashing patterns and hardware. The eclectic feel of  my style peeks through just a tad, giving a normally boring look a bit of personality.
 striped tshirt, madewell // flannel, vintage // high waisted jeans, madewell // shoes, vintage // necklace, free people // watch, michael kors //  other jewelry, vintage // belt, vintage // sunglasses, ray ban meteor One of the many outtakes I usually choose to not include, here is a lovely photograph of me doing what I do best: repulsing all around me. These were taken outside my lovely new home by a dear friend, who I am lucky to now be living with. Sunset in this neighborhood is a  dream, and leaves me feeling thankful for all aspects of my life.
 Wishing you the best, cheers for now! 
 ♥♥♥, Danielle

20 comments:

  1. Hi! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back :D
    Congratz with your new home and boyfriend ^^

    And, of course, welcome back <3

    (ps: I love the clash of the patterns)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're back!! We've missed you. :)

    www.freckledfeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed your posts Danielle! But i'm glad to see you're back! :)

    in-my-sundaybest.blogspot.co.uk

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I like the print mixing!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekignstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoes!!! I've been looking for a pair like that in that color! love them!

    www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look, and your hair is gorgeous :)

    www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayy! Love to have you back, and glad that things are looking up <3

    High-Stitched Voice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to have you back! The fashion blogosphere wasn't the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to see you're back! Great outfit here, especially your jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you're back! And even happier to hear you are doing very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really looking forward to your posts. this outfit is perfect

    <3 Niabunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're back, I've really been missing your posts and wondering what happened.

    http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beyond thrilled that you're back! Can't wait for the upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAAAAAAAAAY YOU'RE BACK!!! (: I've missed your post!! Can't wait to see more from you!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm glad everything has been working out for you! it's all part of that growing up thing huh? and yay for being back and sharing your outfit adventures (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your'e back, your style is just amazing !
    love that outfit :)

    http://gameofglam.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah you're back I've missed you :D
    Back in May of 2012 you inspired me to start my own blog and gave me some wonderful words.
    Here's my blog up and running with pictures :3

    http://rosecoloredvision.blogspot.com/

    Hopes you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. that flannel shirt is amazing! love how you teamed it with stripes
    xx
    yasmin
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so quirky and great as usual. Just are so intune to style - it is so natural. Wish I was 21 again. Love your blog and fashion. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.