7.05.2012

Merica.

Oh hey guys, it's me. Being late to the party as usual. I don't think my procrastinator brain will ever let me do things punctually. Anyways...
Happy belated 4th of July! I hope all my fellow Americans enjoyed your days, whether it was spent indoors avoiding the heat, out firing up the grill or kicking back with a beer in hand, enjoying exploding lights in the night sky. I, for one, had an amazing day. This year was probably the best 4th I've ever had and I'm so glad I was able to spend it with those that are close to me. I lounged at the beach for most of the day (while avoiding a gnarly burn with loads of sunscreen; I definitely learned my lesson from the last burn, ouch) grabbed some veggie burgers after soaking in the sun, and eventually set out to nearby Sonoma to watch the fireworks show. Marin county (where I live) has the most anti-climactic fireworks, so seeing the display last night was a completely different and very enjoyable experience. Laying cuddled up under a blanket with close friends and staring out into the sky can make you feel really insignificant, yet totally grounded. As the embers from the fireworks floated down from above, I felt a sense of total contentness with my life even though there's currently so much going on in my head. It's really hard to explain, but it was an amazing experience that I hope everyone is able to have at some point. All in all, I had a wonderful day filled with deep conversations, silly jokes and an overall comfort of knowing I'm loved so deeply by others and vice versa.
scarf: vintage / sunglasses: ray ban / shirt: american apparel / bikini: forever 21 / shorts: urban renewal / purse: vintage coach
While I'm far from patriotic, as there is very little to be proud of with the United States' current condition, I'm still extremely grateful to live in the US. There are a lot of basic things (and superfluous items, of course) I have that most people do not, so appreciating and embracing these small things is something that I try to do. Besides, I look damn slick sportin some red white & blue. Aesthetically, it's a rad combo!
The grand finale of the fireworks in Sonoma. Truly an epic moment. Doesn't the combination of lights and smoke look strikingly similar to outer space? I couldn't think of anything else the entire time.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day! Thankfully I have today off as well, which I'll probably be spending outdoors perusing the local farmers market. Ciao! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word...talk about a finale! That's just amazing, and I love that you captured it. I'm glad you had such a good 4th! :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit!
    Lookeed like you had a lot of fine!
    Beautiful as always :)

    xx [ aphrodite blue ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. (: You look amazing! I love the photos. Looks like you had an incredible 4th! (:

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of the fireworks and I love your outfit!

    Michelle
    www.michelleesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! and it sounds like you had an amazing time. That last photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. outfit amazing per usual and your writing is so beautiful! i hope one day i can phrase thought so eloquently as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, wow that looks like a supernova or something!! :) Love your shorts--and your writing! You are so eloquent and have such a way with words :)
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Oasap Double giveaway (two giveaways in ONE post!)!!
    Win an item of your choice from my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo is astounding - I think it totally captures that strange magic and summer feelings that fireworks have. And it is true that sometimes our surroundings have an incredible influence on how we feel, giving us a "contempt" feeling even amidst the most stressful times. The trick is to find it.

    I hope life continues treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I have just found to the blog, your blog from Lookbook.nu. I just love your blog and your style. I like the combination of the clothes you choose. Go just on with your thing!!! Good luck :-)

    With love /R from Sweden

    http://ladolcevita.looky.se/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.