5.02.2011

Sheer addiction

This weekend was phenomenal. For once, I didn't have work on Saturday or Sunday! My weekend consisted of relaxation, Indian food, garage sales, Cafe Gratitude and spending time with a close friend. There was a bit of homework thrown in as well, though two days off for the first time in weeks was much needed, so studying wasn't much of a problem.
I spent Sunday with my friend, Travis. We received tickets to a private event, allowing us to visit modern architectural homes that have been built throughout Marin. The whole time I could not stop dreaming about how I will (hopefully) eventually own a home just as lovely, later on in life.

When I woke up on Sunday, the sun was breaking through my curtains, the distant sound of birds chirping and windchimes singing. I knew that the weather would be perfect, calling for light clothing and a floppy hat to block the sun. I have been obsessing over all types of sheer clothing as of late: laces, chiffons, thin silks, all types of clothing that go so well with the recent change in weather. A new addition to my wardrobe, this Louis Vuitton hangbag was a steal! I found the vintage purse at a rummage sale, paying only four dollars to add it into my purse collection. At the rummage sale, I was also able to pick up a vintage all black Dooney & Bourke, bringing my d&b count up to about six, possibly seven. To say that I am a vintage purse fanatic would be an understatement.

hat: vintage, my mothers // lace crop top: h&m // double-breasted cardigan: american apparel // Louis Vuitton handbag: vintage, rummage sale // chiffon maxi skirt: american apparel // braided sandals: vintage

After visiting the lavish homes, we stopped to eat at Cafe Gratitude. Cafe Gratitude is an all vegan, mostly raw restaurant. The names of all the dishes are quite silly, for example, the dish I ordered was called "I am fortified". My meal consisted of lightly cooked veggies, sprouts and brown rice in a thai sauce. All of the food they serve is local and organic. If I could, I would eat at this restaurant every day of my life, stuffing my face with vegan goodies. I am a complete foodie, and their vegan cheeses are so, so amazing.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday! Also, take my comments about sheer clothing as a warning, seeing as my next outfit update with most likely consist of at least one, possibly two, sheer pieces.

2 comments:

  1. hey danielle!
    i'm so glad you finally decided to start a fashion blog... i just knew you would eventually. :) i've always loved your style and i can't wait to see your photos and posts!

    x elanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur blog is really good, i love ur style, let;s follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.