10.04.2011

Leopard scarves and red roses


scarf as head wrap, h&m. blouse, gap. lace dress, secondhand. belt, secondhand. assorted bracelets/ring, h&m. loafers, secondhand. 




Afternoon, everyone! Hope all of you had a stellar weekend. For once, I can say that I did as well! It did consist of work both days, though I was actually able to go out and enjoy myself after. I spent yesterday evening in San Francisco with a friend, roaming around the Castro districts thrift stores and after quite a long, traffic congested ride, shopping in Union Square. I scored such a great deal while at Crossroads Trading Co, finding a pair of woven Jeffrey Campbell oxfords for only $27! I also bought a lovely pleated purple dress, which has a really interesting print. After our shopping excursions, we concluded the night with grilled cheeses and fries at a corny, 50's inspired diner. I had a blast being able to relax, and the fun outing was long overdue.
This week, I've begun to feel a lot less stressed with my schedule and homework load. With less classes on my hands I'm able to stop, breathe, and enjoy my youth. I'm still busy as ever, though now I'll be able to spend some time (at least once a week) with friends, or just cuddling on the couch with my pup, watching a cheesy drama series. 

For this outfit I went with something light, hoping it would keep me cool for my five hour, non air conditioned drawing class. I was expecting the sun to be shining just as it had the day before, though I went outside to find that it was overcast and quite gloomy. Unfortunately this dress & blouse were the only things I had with me, so I was stuck wearing summer clothes on a cold day. It actually started to rain later, leaving me shivering and wishing the sun would break through the thick gray clouds. I learned my lesson, and now I will always check the weather report when I'm packing clothes for a night at my boyfriends house!

Have a fantastic Tuesday, everyone!

now playing: God Help The Girl, "God Help The Girl"



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.