5.12.2012

D-D-D-Denim

I've been wanting a denim vest for days, so I finally decided to make one of my own! I took an old jean jacket that I never wear and chopped off the sleeves with my fabric scissors. Definitely the fastest and coolest DIY I've ever done. I'm hoping for a lot more time to work on personal clothing projects this summer (I've already purchased some bright, awesome dyes), which I'll definitely be showing you on here! I hope all of you have a great weekend. Thanks for reading!
dress: vintage / denim vest: DIY, thrifted / socks: gap / shoes: vintage / rings: vintage / bracelets: vintage, h&m
I've had these shoes for years, though I've never really worn them. I happened upon them recently, and I've grown quite attached to them ever since. They're soooo comfortable, like pillows of feet massaging goodness.

18 comments:

  1. love that earring! and ive been wanting a denim vest for forever too! maybe I'll chop one of my old jackets :)
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Enter my $50 Captiv giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danielle you are beyond lovely! i love that earring and the vest looks great :) this is the perfect vintage-inspired outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! What an amazing DIY! It looks like you bought it like that!

    Michelle
    www.michelleesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love your denim vest.

    www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that outfit head to toe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute dress! Love how you paired it with shoe boots and denim vest for a slight 90's twist. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This vintage dress is so pretty! I love the floral print on it.
    And I did the exact same thing to my old denim jacket haha. Best DIY ever :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the quirky mix with your socks & shoes along with your outfit!

    www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so so beautiful! i think anything you'll wear will look amazing. you're officially my girl crush. <3


    Gela
    boat ride through the sky

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! I want to see and photos of your projects! : D
    I loved how it turned out the vest! .. your dress, your shoes, everything!
    nice day and kisses from:
    http://julldiaz.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey! I just found your blog via shopkoshka and you have a new follower - all of your layering and color choices are unconventional and super inspiring. keep up the good work, lady!

    lauren

    bloomingleopold.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. just found your blog! u have such amazing style! following you now. hope you can check mine out:)
    STYLE SOCIETE
    STYLE SOCIETE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the look!!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love floral and denim parings!! (: Lovely outfit!!! Super duper cute.
    I'm completely in love with your style - gained a new follower~

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just stumbled upon your blog recently and I must say that you are gorgeous and have beautiful hair and impeccable style! I look forward to seeing more of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.