7.10.2012

Dust Bowl

The weather in California has finally heated up! This past week was sweltering, yet I spent every minute I could outdoors. Aside from my July 4th excursions, I also spent an entire day canoeing the Russian River. The trip was so relaxing and although the rowing was quite laborious at times, all in all I had a wonderful time. I've acquired a pretty gnarly tan line (which I honestly didn't think was possible) since I've been spending so much of this summer out in the sun. Thankfully, it's not that bad and I'm still more pale than most people. Yeah!
flannel: vintage / tshirt: truck stop in new mexico / belt: vintage / shorts: DIY vintage Levi's / boots: vintage
rings: h&m, jewelmint / watch: michael kors / silver bracelets: vintage / neon&gold bracelet: j.crew / red frienship bracelet: asos

I've had this shirt for over three years now; I picked it up at a truck stop in New Mexico when traveling cross country with my best friend all the way to Florida. While scanning the knick knacks and souvenirs during one of our many driving breaks, I came across this shirt with two indian heads and a dreamcatcher on it. The combination of the funky acid wash and general awesomeness screamed out to me at the time, and I'm so glad I made the decision to get it. Even though I don't wear this shirt that often (since it doesn't fit with my style that well anymore), I love the fact that it stirs up huge waves of nostalgia for me. I truly enjoyed the summer I spent travelling across the US, and this shirt helps me to remember all the best parts of that trip.

ps: don't forget to enter my koshka x mink pink giveaway! the contest ends this sunday!

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your shirt and your arm candy!

    Michelle
    www.michelleesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit!

    strayalley.blogspot.sk
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect outfit!

    check out my giveaway!
    http://charmainescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tee is so awesome!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this outfit!! (: Amazing~

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cool flannel

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pieces of clothing that bring back waves of nostalgia. Even if your style has changed, it's always nice to reincorporate it into your current style to reflect upon memories. I love your shoes, by the way. They are the perfect shade of chocolate brown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO SO BEAUTIFUL! i love this look on you xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great outfit, love the shoes. & yes california is heating up. so HOT though, its past 100 & super humid in the part of cali that i am in :/

    xVisa
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love that shirt. it's so perfect.

    -Jenn
    asmallbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the shirt is great. You look totally relaxed and summer time ready! Your river days sound awesome too.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your style, and your blog!
    New follower :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you styled this look...it's so rocker chic. You have such awesome style!

    xo/Allison

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit! I love the shoes and shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.