2.24.2012

Distant Reminiscence

I love when certain pieces of clothing hold vivid memories from the past. This printed sweater was an awesome score I grabbed at goodwill a few years ago while scouring the racks with my best friend, Amelia. She has since moved all the way to Florida, separating us in the worst way possible. At the time when I found out about her big move, there was a lot of crying (lots of blubbering, on my part) between the two of us. Hundreds of tissues and 3,000 miles later, I was friendless and alone in my thoughts. Since we were always inseparable, I managed to keep myself from befriending many other people. I've made friends with some phenomenal people in the few years since she moved, though I still miss her terribly. We always had a connection I've only shared with a couple other individuals, so I treasure the wonderful moments of our friendship greatly. 
Long story short, this sweater always brings up memories of the exciting days of procrastinating on homework and instead, thrifting with my best friend. We've always had a talent for finding key pieces on the cheap, and this garment is a prime example.  



cardigan, american apparel. turtleneck, secondhand. printed sweater, vintage. velvet leggings, american apparel. gusseted boots, madewell.




nailpolish, essie "lilacism"



13 comments:

  1. I love these colors on you. And what a fabulous print. I love it when an article of clothing can jog your memory like that.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. woow reminds me a bit of robin hood. love these colours on u togeter with ur hair they look so right. and your leggings are fab. love the outfit and u so beautiful but i guess i told u already :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the boots and leggings are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Your photos are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, the matching green is truly a dream! <3 I love love love your hair too; I wish I had a fringe now!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are incredible, you are beautiful.
    www.kaoutartalibi.blogspot.com
    Much love from Morocco !

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog and i must say...obsessed! the sweater is fantastic and i know what you mean about missing someone. I'm very busy with sports and school ever since I switched to private school and my public school friends and I have a hard time hanging out as much as we used to. They GET me. I'm sure you know what I mean to have someone GET you as your friend Amelia seems to be that person to you! :)
    I'm a new follower !<3
    Rory
    Be sure to enter my giveaway!!
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the sweater :D
    follow my blog and i will follow you too!
    Decimal Shoes blog
    Decimal Shoes Web

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely outfit, following you doll!

    Patricia from www.leathershock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic. The pullover and the leggings match so well in full harmony. I also love the shoes. Spot on!

    chami, at www.chamidefremancourt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.