8.11.2011

Fancy Free

(oh hey guys what's up, just monkeying around)



cardigan: h&m // dress: urban outfitters // t-straps: urban outfitters // sunglasses: ray ban "vagabond" // nailpolish: opi "lucky lucky lavender"





This strapless dress was given to me as a gift at least two years ago, and I had never worn it until this day. I was never a huge fan of the way it emphasized my chest, though I now realize that the fit is really lovely! I actually threw this outfit on in just a few minutes as I was in a rush, regardless, I'm feeling the summery youthful vibe it emanates. 
The only negative about this dress is that it does NOT work well in windy weather. As I was walking to grab some coffee with a few friends, a large gust of wind startled me and all of a sudden, the lower portion of my dress was flipped up around my waist. WELL HELLO THERE, UNDERGARMENTS! As if that wasn't awkward enough in the presence of my friends, some nearby folks happened to see my wardrobe malfunction as well. All I could really do was chuckle it off, raising my hands in an "oh well" gesture. The bystanders laughed it off as well, and I quickly ducked into the coffee shop, in hopes of missing any other blasts of air.
We've all had our share of embarrassing moments and with mine I feel it's better to acknowledge it, laugh and move on, instead of pretending nothing has happened. 
Hope all my lovely followers are doing well! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.