8.25.2011

Heartbeats


This run down shed is actually right behind my boyfriends house, and I really love the look of it paired with my outfit posts! I'm sure you'll see more of this backdrop in the future. 


One of my favorite parts of this dress are the little abalone buttons located at the waist. It definitely gives a vintage feel, as I doubt any current designers would adorn their clothing with such details. My boyfriend enjoys taking off center photos, and it's hard to convince him to do otherwise. Oh well, as long as I'm fully in the shot, right?


My war face, sup y'all. The only photo of my full outfit, apologies for the intensity of my facial expression.



Currently: sitting in the library between classes, vibing to Heartbeats by The Knife. This band is so intensely amazing, when I listen to their tunes I don't even know what to do with myself. Arm flailing and foot kicking would be an accurate action to perform right now, though I'm not sure that's appropriate for a quite room full of students... 
Anyways. This dress is the one I wrote about in the last post! It was a lovely gift from my always beautiful mother, and when I say gift I mean I stole this out of her closet (love you mom!). It's a vintage piece, and she hasn't worn it in years so I thought I could give it a try. This dress almost hits the floor when I'm wearing it, which surprises me since I'm a half of a foot taller than my mother! It's also a few sizes too big, though I couldn't help but wear it anyways. Since I'm currently taking clothing construction/patter-making classes this semester, hopefully I'll learn to tailor clothing to fit my body, including this dress! As far as the hat goes, I caved and decided to buy it from h&m. I was planning on buying a higher quality hat, though this one will work until I find one that I truly love. The camel color is perfect for fall, and it's better than wearing a beanie every day in the winter.
Super excited right now, since my boyfriend and I are about to go grab a slice of pizza from a local pizzeria! I love the occasional junk food days, and this will be one of them. Mmmm.

1 comment:

  1. only you could pull off a dress that's too long and too big for you. sigh. you look stunning {as usual}!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.