8.23.2011

In The Details.

This outfit was something I wore to work (don't mind my ridiculously tired/morose facial expressions, it was early in the morning and I wasn't feelin too hot), and since I have a dress code of black and white, I thought I could mix up my look with some funky jewelry and ridiculously bright, odd nails. The idea of doing half one nail polish color/half another dawned on me when I couldn't decide what color to paint my nails. I though "heck, why don't I just do both?"...and I did. Hooray! It was super easy, and sort of adds to the color blocking trend that has been going on this summer/upcoming fall. 


(again, ignore the face! I look like part zombie/hungover mistake/malnourished. oh well...)


(bracelets, h&m. watch, great grandmothers. rock ring, h&m. triple finger ring, forever. color blocked nails, diy.)



(button up, gap. cardigan, american apparel. trousers, h&m. boots, h&m.)


(I'll probably be doing this [and other funky designs] with my nails ALL THE TIME. Be prepared.)

Currently: on campus (today's the first day of fall semester!), lounging on a bench in the blistering sun. Wearing a floppy hat today was a wonderful idea, as I can avoid eye contact with everyone (I'm too tired to function) without even trying! I'm also wearing this lovely vintage floral maxi dress from my mother (hopefully I can get a few shots of it for an upcoming blog post!), and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm going to leave this post shorter than I'd like; I've been up since 5am, so my day already feels half over. It's not. Going to try and get some food and more coffee, of course, and I'll talk to all you lovely people later! 

sidenote: I BOUGHT A PAIR OF RED PANTS! Wow wow, maybe I'm a bit too excited...nah. They're not the exact ones I want, though they were a lot less than the ones I was originally looking at. I was actually able to get three pairs of pants, red, green and black, for less than one pair of Joe's! All the pants were bought from Zara. I highly suggest checking out their store if you're in need of a neon fix, because they can definitely help you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.