8.18.2011

Slight Night Shiver


hat, forever. sunglasses, ray ban. dress, secondhand. thigh highs, h&m. shoes, forever. jewelry, great grandmothers/secondhand/flea market






(me, pre-curtsy)

Golden hour is always my favorite time to go out and snap photographs. The orange hue from the sun is so rich and vivid, I eat it up every time. When I shoot film (which I haven't been doing often, as of late) golden hour provides the best shooting conditions. Within the past year I've stopped using film, though I don't know why! I loaded a new roll of Portra film on monday, and I'm already 17 shots in. I'm so excited to finish off the roll and see the resulting pictures. My favorite thing about film is viewing the pictures at the very end. Most often my photos don't turn out the way I planned, nonetheless they are always so nostalgic! I'll make sure to string together a post of my favorite photos once I get the film back.
On another note, school is back in session next Tuesday! This fall I'm attending a different junior college, one that has a fashion studies program (yay!). I'm taking three fashion studies classes, and I'm actually really excited for all of them! I'm also taking an art history and speech class, though all in all my course load for this semester will probably be easier to keep up with than last spring. Once I'm back in class, it will probably be harder to keep consistent updates (I know, I know. Excuses!) though I'm going to try my best for all of my stellar followers! If you took the summer to lay back and relax, I hope you're enjoying your last few weeks off!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.