11.03.2011

Brass Buttons






head-scarf, secondhand. wool sweater, secondhand. plaid button-up, urban renewal. coat, h&m. jeans, zara. cap toed shoes, secondhand. sunglasses, oliver peoples.



This is the lovable cat (girl or boy? I have no idea.) that lives in my front yard. I'm sure all of my neighbors think I'm crazy because every time I come home, I stand outside and meow. Eventually said cat meows back, prances up to me and rubs its cute little face all over my clothes. I've never met a cat with such a wide range of meows as this one. 
For some reason, cats have taken a liking to me these past few months. They must feel my soft spot for animals or something, because they are swarming to me in the masses. Of course, I'm loving every minute of it. I'm definitely an animal person, and I'll probably be a crazy old dog/cat lady when I grow up; I've accepted my fate & have gotten used to the idea. 


Finally, the weather has cooled down. No more cold mornings and hot middays, at least for now. It's actually raining today (yay!!), thus calling for layers and layers of clothes. I've finally pulled out all the knits & coats, preparing myself for the months ahead. Looking at my winter wardrobe, I realize I need to stock up on more sweaters, so hopefully I'll be going thrifting sometime soon! All I hope is that the coat wearing weather stays as such, because fall really is my favorite season. 

In this post, I'm wearing two of my most recent thrifts. I picked up the shoes and sweater at my temples rummage sale (along with dozens of other pieces). The cap toed shoes were pre scuffed and were brand new when donated to the temple, one of the many benefits of receiving donations in Marin County. All the wealthy people donate their unworn clothes/accessories that were purchased on whim, and the poor college student (me) picks up key items for a steal!  

(side note: I'm referring to a Buddhist temple, as my mothers side of the family is Buddhist.)

Have a lovely Thursday everyone, xox

now playing: Florence and the Machine, "Bedroom Hymns" (from the newest album, Ceremonials. If you haven't, I would highly suggest you listen to it! Haunting and absolutely beautiful.)




3 comments:

  1. I love the green pants! you are so pretty :)

    xo
    April Lyn
    http://www.thesuitfordreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. Now you can use this sell offers directory to promote bulk clothes buttons import & export business.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.