11.09.2011

Burgundy Booties

Good morning and good day everyone! I decided to start my morning bright and early with this blog post and the now ritualized cup of coffee. Lately I've been leaving it at a single cup a day, though it's oh so difficult! I read an interesting article which you can peek at here, and it helped me to realize I really need to tone down my caffeine intake. Hip fractures? No, thank you very much. Not only am I addicted to coffee/caffeine in general, but the flavor is phenomenal (with a good cup of coffee, of course). It's a challenge to minimize my sippage, though I have been successful so far.






sweater, secondhand. scarf, forever. maxi skirt, american apparel. booties, zara. ring, h&m.

The booties pictured were featured in an earlier post, along with some lovely chanel sunnies. I haven't worn them much because they make the tops of my feet sore after a few hours (uber lame). I'm hoping they will loosen up with a few more wears and if they don't, I guess I'll just have to take the pain for styles sake. These babies are killer, so it's totally worth it.


On a non-fashion note, has anyone been following the Occupy movement?
I have, and I am supportive of the protests 100%. I live very close to Oakland, which is where a lot of controversial actions by both police and protestor have been taking place. Most protestors have been peaceful, though the few that decided to "fight back" (aka destroying property of local businesses) have drawn quite a lot of attention. Though the looting and destruction of property is not okay, I believe the individuals causing these problems know little to nothing about the rooted reasons for Occupy. They have left a sour taste in the mouths of the media and general public, and these people have become the face of the Occupy movement. Unfortunately there are often a few apples that ruin the bunch (case in point), though I will still stand behind Occupy. 
I have yet to go out and protest, however I will (hopefully) be making a trip out to Oakland or San Francisco soon to do just that! As for things I can do at home, I have taken my money out of a "big bank", and am now banking locally with a non-profit credit union. Same benefits with even better interest, and I'm doing what I can to take away all suport from the terrible corporate bloodsuckers, to put it lightly
I could talk about the extreme distaste I hold for the 1% all day, though I need to head off to work. 
If you live in the United States and want to make a difference (everything counts, really), then I suggest you bank at a credit union! It's the least you can do if you truly care about giving power back to the middle class. 

Have a lovely day everyone, and thanks for reading!

now playing: The Temper Trap, "Rest"

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this look especially the booties. I'm a sucker for ankle boots.

    http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, I adore your skirt - beautiful colour <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! I found a skirt that looks pretty close to yours in Goodwill a little over a week ago and am delighted to have purchased it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of this entire ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, beyond liking your outfit, I really like what you had to say about the Occupy movement. I go to school at UC Davis and you might have seen the peaceful protesters getting pepper-sprayed in the face by police officers on youtube. It's so infuriating. I am also 100% behind the protests. Thank you for saying something about it. I think info about it has been lacking from blogs. I am planning on attending a rally on Monday and posting some pictures on my blog. :)

    xo... so long, but I'm newly following!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.