12.01.2011

Gratitude

Here are some snapshots that were taken on Thanksgiving day. These are definitely overdue, though better late than never! My boyfriend and I took a calming (but windy and cold) stroll on the levy behind my grandmothers house while waiting for dinner; her house smelled of turkey and ham, so naturally we decided to get some fresh air. Though I know quite a few vegetarians that enjoy the smell of cooked meat, I am definitely not one of them. I prefer the smell of baked goods and, of course, my mothers signature yams in brown sugar; the aroma is almost better than the rich, delectable taste. It's a close call. 

So...let's get to the food. I wish I had taken pictures, but instead I chowed down immediately after filling my plate with mashed potatoes, salad with apples and walnuts, homemade cranberry sauce, green beans and yams. Even thinking about said feast makes my mouth water. For dessert, we had a homemade lemon merengue and pumpkin pie, with candles on top in celebration of my birthday! Though most people complain about having their birthday during the holiday season, I actually really enjoy it; being able to celebrate my birthday with extended family is such a gift.

Anyways...on to the photos!


The lighting was just perfect for taking photos. The sun was hidden behind clouds most of the day, but right as we walked onto the trail it peaked out and let off a wonderful, warm glow. 





The levy is lined with some of the most beautiful bushes and other foliage, birds hiding inside and all. I tried to photograph some feathered friends, though they all flew away out of fear. Sigh, if only they knew I'm harmless.


sunglasses, ray ban. double breasted cardigan, american apparel. turtleneck, secondhand. sweater, california select (via aa warehouse sale). riding pants, american apparel. shoes, vintage. 


My very first post is actually at this levy and coincidentally, I'm wearing the same pants! If you'd like, you can read it here

5 comments:

  1. nice photos

    http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the lighting is totally perfect. Pictures turned out amazing. Simple and cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tobacco coloured cardigan is oh-so perfect! <3 And I truly love your round glasses; gorgeous!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty fanfreakin'-tastic Lennon-esque sunnies you got there :)

    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.