4.03.2012

Bare

This has to be one of the first posts in a very long time that I'm not wearing eye makeup! Granted there's a bit o' mascara, but that's nothing compared to my usual over the top cat eyed liner. I decided to don "bare eyes" after looking through all of the old photobooth pictures on my MacBook. In almost every picture I'm makeup free, and I really enjoy the look of it. Lately I've worn heavy eye makeup (heavy for me, at least) on a daily basis, and though I didn't realize it, I've actually become a bit uncomfortable with the way I look without said makeup. All of my old photographs inspired me to embrace the way my eyes look naturally, which is what I've been doing for the past few days! Even though makeup is a fairly significant part of my "look", I think it's healthy for me to go without any at all on occasion :) I also had my bangs chopped a bit by my friend David, can you tell? The length was getting to be a bit much, as I could hardly see out from behind my thick hair. It's also nice that you can now see my eyebrows; I put a lot of work into those bushy caterpillars. 
Also, a huge thank you to my beautiful boyfriend for giving me his corduroy jacket. I was actually contemplating buying one of my own, so I'm very excited. I love that it's burgundy too, one of my favorite colors!
I've actually been meaning to get a pair of heeled desert boots for awhile, so I was stoked to see these up on the My Hot Shoes website! The color is just what I was looking for, and they're actually really comfortable.
 
  dress: vintage / belt: vintage / corduroy jacket: american apparel / tights: forever / heeled booties: c/o mhs / lipstick: mac "ruby woo" 

Thankfully I have the entire day off from work and school, so I'll be spending it doing some much needed errands and seeing my friends. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. i dont think u need make up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Kamila! My makeup routine consists of only mascara and has only ever been that/ I like the look of a natural eye and a few brushes of mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! you need NO makeup at all- so gorg. This look is super cute too!! xxx
    following you :)

    xxx
    http://aklreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're one of the lucky ones who can go without any makeup :)
    Your eyes are stunning all natural!
    I love it on weekends when I don't wear anything at all. Haha, its refreshing.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the burgundy and pretty tights:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use eye make-up and when I don't, I feel really... naked. Anyways, I love this look on you and that burgundy is a great color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this outfit, very inspiring and love the lippy!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your eyes like this, you look great! And "bushy caterpillars" got me laughing out loud!! ^^
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're actually the most beautiful girl I've come across in the blogging world! Great style to^^ looking forward to seeing more looks

    www.fashionyourseatbelts.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous outfit! I love the polka dot playsuit. Cool boots.

    Christie x

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  11. the shade of lipstick and the jacket are amazing!!
    such a pulled together look :)
    fashionmeasmile.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your outfit - I'm obsessed with that plum colour! What a beaut x!

    www.haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic with or without makeup. I personally think without is more appealing, but I say do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Great look as well — I adore the shoes.

    I used to wear COPIOUS amounts of makeup. Foundation, coverup, powder, blush, eyebrow filler, multiple eyeshadows, liquid eyeliner, mascara ... It was a lot of work. I ended up toning down the eyeliner (I used to do a very extreme cat eye) for a couple years, and eventually phased it out completely and switched to brown mascara (I'm a pale redhead so black is a really unnatural look for me). Then, about a year ago, I decided I was too reliant on makeup. I didn't feel myself without it, my sensitive skin was in terrible shape, and I just felt awful about the way I looked. So I decided to stop wearing makeup entirely. Now all I do is curl my eyelashes and slap on a bit of blush. Wearing less makeup makes me feel a whole lot better about myself, and my eyes and skin are much happier too. I hope you can find similar comforts whether you choose to continue makeup-free or not..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madeline!
      Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I think it's great that you strayed away from wearing so much makeup!
      I've actually never worn much makeup other than a bit of concealer under my eyes and eyeliner; definitely a lot less than most of the people I know. Personally, I enjoy the way I look in eyeliner/lipstick; it's all dependent upon the "vibe" I want my outfit to create that day. :)

      Delete
  14. Hi! I love the jacket! If you don't mind me asking, what size is it? I am just trying to figure out what size I should buy from the online store as they do not have it in stock in the actual store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.