4.05.2012

Desert Plums

  I probably should have posted this outfit a few weeks ago, as these photos have been sitting in lightroom, unedited and unloved. You can tell these photographs are old(er) because my bangs are long, frumpy and creating the illusion of an awkward unibrow (mmm, my favorite). Anyhow, this outfit is a lot simpler than what I'm used to wearing (only two layers...what?). It was blindly chosen out early in the morning while half asleep, as are most of the outfits I throw together on school days. Thankfully, there are few days where I look like a total train wreck, though I certainly have my bad moments.
merino wool sweater: secondhand / button up shirt: gap / embroidered belt: vintage / second skin acid wash jeans: cheap monday / desert boots: report
These two photos are my attempt at shakin' up my poses for detail shots. It's fairly obvious that I failed, miserably. The top one is...well, I have no idea. The bottom one is a flashback to middle school, the days when pre pubescent children pulled the "double loser" sign all day everyday. Ah, the nostalgia.
wrap bracelets: h&m / thin gold cuff bracelet: j.crew / bow ring: forever / silver band: flea market / gold ring: h&m / rose gold watch: marc by marc jacobs / other bracelets: vintage / nail polish: essie "chinchilly"
Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm off to grab some Indian food/chat the day away with my close friend, Kaddie.

11 comments:

  1. This outfit is so fabulous!
    I'm going to have to have a go at recreating something like this now the weather has turned gloomy!


    http://tracksforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I'm sure you can imagine me saying it in the high pitched voice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jeans! Great outfit:)

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jeans are amazing!!! Lovely color palette between the acid wash gray/black and plum.

    Also, can you do a tutorial of your cat eye makeup sometime in the future. I attempted this morning and nearly poked my eye out in the process. Lolz. Yours look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking about doing a how-to post for my eye makeup! I'll have one up soon :)

      Delete
  5. I totally love ur blog and ur outfits ( u should have noticed by now ;) ) those jeans should be mine. Have a lovely holiday weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot get over how good this combination is. It looks comfortable and cute for school.

    -Chloe
    2floralfinches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you look amazing, I love your outfit! I specially like the way you just rolled your shirt and put it inside your trousers :) this looks super comfy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.