4.25.2012

Happy One Year!

So, today marks the one year anniversary of my blog! I'm still in shock that I've managed to keep up with posting for this long, and even more shocked that people are actually interested in my sense of style and the things I have to say. I want to thank all of you for skimming my posts, taking an interest in my style, reading my thoughts, commenting on posts and following. Every little thing means so much; thank you!

For those of you that would like to read a bit more on the backstory of my blog, here's a bit o' rambling for you.
When I originally became interested in starting a "style" blog, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I ended up creating an inspiration tumblr in which I would occasionally write tidbits about myself and add in self portraits, but most posts were photographs of other bloggers or shots from high fashion editorials. When I did add in posts about myself, there was never much personality in them...I really had no connection in the "tumblrverse". After skimming quite a few blogs that I discovered via tumblr, I became really inspired and thought about creating my own blog. At the time, my sense of style wasn't that great and my self esteem was at an all time low (I kid you not). My life had become so passionless, and I knew I needed to make a change for the better. I felt starting a personal blog would really push me in the right direction emotionally and career-wise, especially since I wanted to (and still do) work in the fashion industry. I had read about many of the great opportunities certain bloggers acquired through their personal sites, so I thought, "why not?!" and went for it. At first, I created a secondary tumblr account to use as my style blog. Soon after, I realized tumblr just wasn't for me; I really wanted the full "blogging experience". It sounds silly, but I have a feeling you gals and guys know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I deleted my personal tumblr and started this lil' old blog!
My very first post (which basically goes over everything I stated here) is so amusing to read...the writing style I had was so different and it's so odd to look at the overall formatting/setup of my posts. I've actually skimmed over all my old posts and to say the least, my style has changed a lot; I think it's far more refined than before, which I'm actually really proud of. :)
I can honestly say I'm so glad I started a personal blog. Although I'm still not fully comfortable with myself, I feel far more inspired in my day to day life. I've really pushed myself to create an eclectic style all my own and I now indulge in art regularly, whether it be personal style, photography or drawing.
I know that most of you haven't followed my blog from the very beginning (thank you to those that have!), so I definitely suggest taking a look at my very first dozen or so posts...you can really see my progression. I'm not kidding when I say my current style is nearly the polar opposite of a year ago. Also, if you have a personal blog that you're working to morph (or you're even contemplating starting one up), maybe my personal growth will inspire you just as some other bloggers inspired me! I don't want to sound cocky at all (because I'm really not), it's just interesting to see how much can really change in a year. Everything about this blog is so different! I'm honestly stunned.
I would have posted earlier today, but school has been so overwhelming lately. These past two weeks I've turned in a 10 page paper and taken three tests, and I have even more papers to write and tests to study for next week. Since it's my one year anniversary today, I had to put up a post...even if it is at 11pm.

Anyways, I though you'd be interested to know that I'm going skydiving tomorrow! I've been planning on going for quite some time but I don't think the reality of it hit me until today. There's such a mix of excitement and sheer terror for what I'm going to do tomorrow...jumping out of a plane is quite a big deal, especially since I've only been up in the air twice in my entire life. This shit's gonna be craaaaaaay. I'll make sure to keep all of you updated via twitter and instagram and I'll try to write a bit about the entire experience in my next blog post!

Again, thank you so, so much for reading! I truly appreciate all of your involvement in this blog; I don't know what I would be doing without all of your support. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Photograph taken by my awesome friend Ahmed.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I loved reading your story and I love reading your blog. I started my blog last December for similar reasons especially around trying to be more creative. I love your style and always look forward to seeing your new outfits on http://lookbook.nu.
    Keep blogging x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! I am a relatively new follower having found your blog within the past month or two, but you really have been quite an inspiration. Just like you, I love layering and you have given me so many ideas on how to rework my closet. I'm a relatively new blogger, too (started my blog in mid-December), so it's always really fun to see where bloggers I love started. I will definitely be going back through your first few posts. Thanks again for documenting your style and sharing your story! : )

    xo Sierra

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sierra! I'm so glad that you've been able to re-work your closet, it can be so difficult sometimes but it's definitely rewarding to see the outcomes.

      xox
      Danielle

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Just wanted to say that since a few weeks or so you also have a follower from Germany, me :) I really like your blog and its style and how you write! It really made me think about myself when I read how you dealed to get a real blog, its long way and so. Thank you and keep blogging!

    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one year!
    This post is so inspiring - thank you. I've been thinking about getting a blog, but I've been held back by my own silly hesitations.
    Your style is so inspirational too! I've never been much for layering but since I started reading your blog I've been making an effort to layer my clothes nicely (soo useful in the Canadian winter!)
    You seem like such a nice person. I really wish you could come up to Canada and go shopping with me. Keep on blogging! I hope you'll get the chance to work in fashion, someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really hope that you start up a blog; having a blog has turned in to a personal hobby and I absolutely love it. If you start one, make sure to send me the link so I can check it out!

      xox
      Danielle

      Delete
  5. bookmarked!!, I love your website!
    My website > mcallen

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, happy one year!!!
    I know this is a (little) late of me but better late than never, right? I've been a follower of yours since around January or February, and even though I know that's no where near the very beginning of your blog, it's around the very beginning of mine. I started my blog to try to grow as a person with a budding interest of fashion and develop my style into something I really enjoyed and was proud of. Although I'm still very far from full satisfaction, I think that bloggers like you, Jean Greige, and A Bevy Of have really inspired me and helped me in my, so far short, journey. Each day I get closer to my goal of where I want to be in the sense of style and I want to thank you for sharing your outfits and helping me to pursue my goal! I'm excited for another great year of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh thanks for writing this. I have been thinking about starting a blog for nearly 5 years and finally pulled the trigger. Thanks and all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.