1.10.2012

Transient

Happy Tuesday everyone! How has the second week of 2012 been treating all of you?
Lately I've been super inconsistent with my blog posts, as I'm sure you've noticed. Since my December (aka finals week) hiatus, it's been hard to get back into the flow of regular blogging. I'm disappointed in myself but I promise you that I'm trying to post on a regular basis! Key word: trying. Effort is what counts!
As for this post, these photographs are from last week when I spent my day off in San Francisco. There was a lot of shopping (key finds: a $20 military surplus jacket and an orange streamlined coat), hoards of Mexican food (if you know me, then you will know this is an everyday dietary must), a calming hike through/around the Sutro Baths, and a soothing pot of herbal tea at Samovar Tea Lounge to end the day.  

The below photo is from said hike up/around/through the Sutro Baths. If you live near San Francisco, I would highly suggest checking out this spot! The Sutro Baths was once a massive swimming pool commune (back in the 19th century) which has now been claimed by the ocean and all of its sea life. The baths are such a beautiful site to see; you can trek across the ruins of buildings, plopping yourself on a broken down wall right in front of sea foam splashing up from the Pacific. 


I wish I had gotten more photographs of my outfit that day, but it slipped my mind. These night shots will have to do!


oversized cardigan, vintage. glitter knit, gap. knit infinity scarf, gap. high waisted acid wash jeans, cheap monday. watch, marc by marc jacobs. satchel, dooney&bourke. boots, madewell. 


& here, at long last, are some photographs of my newest steal from Madewell! I had been looking for the perfect boot for ages (okay...more like a few months but still) and had no luck with finding them. After stopping my search, one day I walked into Madewell and sitting right on the sale rack happened to be the perfect pair of chestnut brown boots, gusseted tongue and all. A double marked down item, in stock in my size? I had to have them. 



These boots have yet to fail me, and I've basically been living in them since the purchase two weeks ago. So. Comfy.

now playing: Washed Out, "Amor Fati"

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.