1.28.2012

Winter Flowers

I've been in a lame winter slump for the past few weeks and my clothing has been a variation of the same thing; pants and cardigans. Wearing this brightly colored dress with my new American Apparel leggings was a great seasonal pick me up. I finally bought a bunch of new thigh high socks, so I'll get the chance to play with layering a bit more!



rings, h&m. watch, marc by marc jacobs.



jacket, urban outfitters. lace blouse, h&m. dress, vintage. velvet leggings, american apparel. socks, random. boots, madewell. 


I was going to spend my morning writing out a blog post, but it was interrupted by a doggie mishap. If you didn't already know, I'm a sucker for animals. Bald or fuzzy, big or small, I love all of them. I've always held affection for animals, but dogs are my biggest weakness. The brightest part of my day is usually petting/freaking out while meeting a new dog or spending time with my little one, Jack. I happened to meet another really sweet dog today, named Penny. 
As I was emptying the recycle earlier, a big dog ran up to me tail wagging, but shaking and all. She was old and friendly, with no tag and no owner in sight. I ended up walking house to house around the neighborhood looking for her home, though no one claimed her. I called the Humane Society and long story short, one of the newer neighbors who wasn't home owns her. She dug a big hole under their fence and took herself on a little walk. I'm so glad she didn't have to go to the shelter, but she even liked the Humane Society officer! Such a sweet pooch. 

Anyways, I hope all of you enjoy your weekends, I'll be spending it working, as usual. 
Thanks for reading! xx

6 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. I think the overall pairing of everything with each other is so perfect especially your lace blouse and dress, so cute :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR FACE <3 great style! +follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit, the dress is beautiful and I love those leggings
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet of you to find that dog's owner. the flowers certainly are an energy booster. hope your spirits are on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the sunflower dress! why are the best things always vinage?!
    great blog too! i'm now a fan :)
    xo
    ardena
    (http://lavieenardenarose.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah this look is so good! flowers + military green+ knee socks= !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.