10.12.2011

day and night



blouse, h&m. pleather jacket, forever. pleated maxi in pumpkin, american apparel. cut-out oxfords, jeffrey campbell. purse, coach.


wassup y'all, posing for the camera like it's no ones business


pulling off the "deer in headlights" look pretty well right here

Good morning all! Quickly enjoying a cup of coffee and writing out a post before I head off to work. I haven't updated in a few days, so sorry about that! I've been trying to write at least every other day, though with midterms right here I've focused my spare time on studying. I think it's paid off so far, since I totally aced my art history test yesterday. Ok, well I'm not sure of my grade yet, though the test was a total breeze. There were one or two questions I had trouble with, but that's it! All I have left is a fashion illustration midterm (my favorite class, so that shouldn't be a problem) and a speech. I'm far from the best when it comes to public speaking, so that one will take a lot of practice. I get the average case of nerves: shaky hands, shaky voice, butterflies in my stomach, trouble with eye contact and voice projection, and to top it all off, I rarely remember anything that happened after I finish speaking! Something I really need to work on, but hey, that's what speech class is for, isn't it? Guess I'm one of the many Americans that causes public speaking to be the #1 fear in the country. 
The outfit above is what I wore to SF last Friday, though my Chanel sunnies are not pictured here. The last two pictures were taken at Off The Grid, which is a huge food truck gathering where foodies come out and enjoy their favorite cuisines. There were about 30 food trucks that night, making my dinner choice difficult. I finally decided on Senor Sisig, which had a recommendation from both of my friends. Senor Sisig serves Asian/Mexican fusion dishes such as burritos filled with french fries, tofu, guac and salsa. With such odd but enticing items, who was I to say no? The burrito was absolutely amazing, and I'm heading back to OTG this Friday and I plan on trying a different dish. I'll try and keep you updated through le blog/twitter about it. It takes place every Friday at Fort Mason so if you're in the area, I would highly suggest checking it out!

Below are some quick unedited shots I took last Friday:




A fairly large walking protest that paraded through Union Square & surrounding streets. There was a precession of police officers as well as an overhead helicopter. The shopping tourists had a blast, and some of them acted as though seeing this was like seeing Santa Claus shimmy down through the fireplace.  
The protest took place on the 10th anniversary of our invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan/neighboring areas. I wholeheartedly agree with these individuals, US occupation should end now. 



A few shots of the sunset on Grant Street. Being able to experience such beautiful moments in the city makes me crave an apartment of my own. I would love to live in SF with friends, as I've always been the city dwelling type. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! You have such an eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see what is going on out there. I live 20 mins. from NYC for what's been going on down there in Wall St.

    Love your outfit. it was featured at http://rubyeyedokapi.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.