10.20.2011

Felts, Florals and Fall Leaves




I've actually never worn this cardigan before, as I felt it was not flattering to my already curvy hips. Belting it with a dress resolved my little predicament, and I can already tell it's going to be a great layering piece for fall.


Even though the past weeks sporadic weather changes are not reflective of the current season, I'm trying to emanate the vibrant hues though my choice of dress.


I love combining different shapes in my jewelry; square, round, long & thin, octagonal--throw anything my way and I'll wear it all together in a mess of finger decorated goodness.


felted wool hat, h&m. floral dress, secondhand. viscose shawl cardigan in truffle, american apparel. belt, secondhand. braided espadrille wedge, secondhand. rings, h&m.


I love how slowly but surely, the ground is finally being covered with dried leaves. Everything is changing colors; from withered browns to bright reds, yellows and orange. The main indicator of fall is right in my front yard; I have a liquid amber tree, and the colors right now are absolutely magnificent.

I wish there was a better shot of my wedges, they were such a great find! I bought them for $2 at my temples rummage sale (which is actually this weekend, and I am stoked beyond belief), and I wore them constantly last year. After wearing out my affinity for them, I put them in a giveaway box. I tend to sort my giveaways before I actually get rid of them (if you don't do this I would highly suggest it), as I'm crazy and often put really awesome items in said box. Thankfully, I went through my goodwill donations the other day and pulled these bad boys out. They are so comfy, and they are the only heel I own that doesn't make me tower over everyone else. At 5'8, I don't need much more height, though I do love me some platforms.

At the moment, I'm in the campus library, blogging my little heart away. I'm so glad that I actually have the chance to write something along with my outfit posts! School has been quite hectic, but I am almost done with midterms/the projects that go along with it, so expect more detailed posts for the future! :)
This morning has been fairly crazy in itself; as if a 30 minute commute to class wasn't enough, a huge section of the highway was closed off because of an oil spill, thus making me late to class. I was earlier than most, though, because both of my morning classes were cancelled! If only I knew, then I wouldn't have woken up at 5am for nothing. Only 3.5 more hours till my next class -- homework, bring it on. I will demolish you.

Happy Thursday everyone, wishing you a wonderful day! xox

now playing: Yo La Tengo, "(Straight Down To The) Bitter End"




7 comments:

  1. You look great! I love the colour combination :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, especially your cardi and hat!
    Hannah x
    http://hannahlouisef.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit!Totally gorgeous! The hat is perfect for the dress

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit, lovely blog! Followed! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.