10.06.2011

Pleather & Patterns



coat, gap. patterned sweater, secondhand. pleather/cotton pants, h&m. boots, h&m. polka dot nails, diy w/ gargantuan green grape by opi





My hair is finally starting to grow out again! I had about 5 inches cut off a few months ago because of some nasty split ends, and now I can see that it's beginning to grow back. The length used to reach past my belly button, and I miss it so much. It's for the better though, since my hair would have broken off over time anyways. (I need to get a trim soon, however *sheds a tear*)


Greetings from the currently rain soaked California! It has been showering on and off since Sunday, and I'm loving every minute of it. Fall weather is my favorite, as I think it takes more of a keen eye to put together a great layered outfit. I love seeing the different ways people accessorize their cold weather looks, then incorporating the kitschiness in my own way!
Can you see the different fabrics on my pants? Goodness, I'm enamored with these. Without question, my favorite part about this outfit was my pants. Although I've been trying to stay away from darker colors for fall and winter, I felt like pairing this crazy sweater with minimalistic pieces would help keep a sophisticated (but still vintage-y) look. I've had this sweater for three years at least, and I still remember the day that I got it. I was poking around goodwill with my best friend, Amelia, when she came across the sweater. I think she knew my style better than I did at the time, because I tried it on and wasn't fully swept away by the piece. She convinced me to buy it, and I am so glad she did. I consider this sweater a staple piece for my wardrobe; the crazy print and gorgeous green hue are so lovely together. Every time I wear this sweater, I think of Amelia, and how much I miss her now that she lives in Florida. Hopefully I will see you soon, beautiful!

I have a small post prepared for tomorrow as well, so I hope you get a chance to read it! Happy fall everyone :)




2 comments:

  1. you look really amazing, Danielle:)) you are such a beautiful girl ♥♥
    happy fall to you too:)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wearing everything I want in my closet this fall-to-winter season! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.