9.08.2011

Bayside High







polka dot button up tee, vintage from my mother. denim jacket, secondhand. altered shorts, urban renewal. shoes, vans low-pro. jewelry, assorted. sunglasses, ray ban clubmaster.



lil' miss Reef, inspecting a hole in the wall of a neighbors shed. quite the curious feline

Bare with me as I attempt to write out my thoughts...my triple shot americano is slowly wearing off and I'm now starting to feel the symptoms from last nights lack of sleep. School has already taken over my life! Thankfully I'm enjoying all of my classes this semester; the only negative side is that homework for each class is extremely time consuming. Last night, I spent three hours drawing out a portrait for Fashion Illustration. The instructor told the class we only need to spend an hour on the piece, but when I'm home alone I become this crazy perfectionist and I cannot put my pencil down until everything is perfect. What in class takes me an hour, takes me three times longer at home. Definitely something I need to work on, but for now I'll just have to deal with it.

For this outfit I decided to be bold (too much so? maybe) and wear denim on top and bottom! Gettin' a little bit crazy up in here! I absolutely love this outfit, though when I was walking around campus I could tell most people did not (odd looks that said "WHAT is she wearing" is what tipped it off). Thankfully that does't bother me, as I dress to my liking, not others. I believe that wearing what inspires you is the most important thing to focus on. People will always have mixed opinions on your appearance, so why bother trying to please others? It's far too time consuming. <end rant>
Anyways, back to the outfit. My garb for the day was inspired by the television show Saved By the Bell, completed with the ridiculously hideous awesome bulky denim jacket. I wouldn't be surprised if this one I bought secondhand was originally purchased in an attempt to copy the style portrayed on the show. 
Currently: Taking refuge from the blistering sun in the campus' air conditioned library, listening to Margot & the Nuclear So and So's and eating an Odwalla banana nut bar. 
Enjoy your day everyone! And thank you so much for reading, it really means a lot to me. 





3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, your outfits are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbits usually are another city-friendly small homestead livestock animal. these are generally easy to be able to care for, thrifty, friendly, AS WELL AS cheap for you to feed. several raise its rabbit for its meat, but rabbit fur coming from angora rabbits makes premium yarn It numerous fiber-workers search high IN ADDITION TO low pertaining to it is clothing AS WELL AS crafts. This really is a great effortless homestead addition That is actually performed at the city. Read More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.