9.13.2011

Crescent Collars




button up, secondhand. yellow blouse, secondhand. jeans, zara. loafers, secondhand. coach bag, secondhand. jewelry, assorted.


Happy Tuesday! What a busy day it's already been for me. Woke up at 5am, presented a speech for class (I was so nervous that my voice was trembling, though I'm assuming the triple shot espresso didn't help the jitters either), learned a hefty load about the Old, Middle and New Kingdom of Egyptian art, and got some informative brochures from FIDM (today is transfer day at my jc, so there are representatives set up throughout the campus). Wow, and the day isn't even half over yet! This will continue to be my Tuesday/Thursday schedule for the rest of the year, let's hope I can keep up. 
As for this outfit, everything is secondhand, excluding the jeans. I bought them at Zara a few weeks ago, along with the red pants I wore in one of my previous posts. I'm trying to collect as many colorful pieces for fall as I can, and hopefully I'll be able to obtain more before the cold weather really starts to kick in. 
I can't forget to mention NYFW! Goodness, I'm loving so many of the shows so far. Some of the most darling shows I've browsed are Rachel Zoe's, Erin Fetherston's presentation at Milk Studios and of course, DVF's. Rachel's line is so LA, and I love all of the glittered, California chic pieces she presented. I also love the fact that many of the models were wearing flats...almost unheard of for fashion week! Erin Fetherston's was very classic, with the solid bold pieces and textured details. DVF's has been the most coveted so far, which comes as no surprise. I'm swooning over the pastel hues, the classic printed dresses and tailored silhouettes. If I could own her S/S12 collection, my warmer seasoned wardrobe would be purrrfect.

Have you been keeping up with NYFW, and if so, what has been your favorite collection so far? Hope everyone has a wonderful day, xox

Currently listening: The Matches, "Needs and Want" from their final untitled album. 









1 comment:

  1. this is probably one of my most favorite looks of yours. ever. You remind me of Audrey Hepburn so much, it's making me hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.