9.25.2011

Clashing Motifs






cardigan & dress, h&m. belt, ysl. tights, anthropologie. shoes, gift from my bf.




Happy Sunday! First day of the week, so refreshing. Currently sitting here on my laptop, sipping away on the oh-so-addictive Tully's Kona coffee that I brewed with my newest friend, Keurig. Almost done with my first cup, and about to go back for a second. Healthy addiction? Of course not, though it is much better than carcinogenic sticks or liver rotting liquids. Mmmm, didn't that just put the best image in your head?
As you can tell here, I'm wearing patterns on top of patterns, on top of patterns. This is something that I used to do a lot a few years ago (think of high school, when waking up and getting ready was the most dreadful thing on my plate), almost every day actually. My style has come a long way since then, with my wardrobe choice being far more refined (I was actually having a conversation about this last night with a friend). I really enjoy dressing in clashing patterns on occasion, and with the changing weather, I'm sure you'll see a lot of it from me this upcoming season!
Speaking of, weather in the San Francisco bay area is absolutely sporadic. Two days ago it was blazing hot and dry, and this morning it's raining. I'm hoping the cold weather will stay constant, though it's supposed to be ninety degrees on Monday. Let's just hope the weather channel is wrong! I'm totally ready to pull out the knit sweaters, boots and wool socks. Anybody else with me on that one?

PS: I forgot to mention, I cut my hair! If you look at older posts, you'll see I didn't really have bangs. For the past six months I've been trying to grow them out. I felt so plain without something sweeping across my forehead, so I decided chop off my hair before classes one day. I just grabbed a pair of scissors and started snipping away. I'm completely satisfied with the cut, and I have no idea why I wanted to grow them out in the first place! I guess I'm just a banged up kinda girl.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.