9.15.2011

Chunky Cardi, Bordeaux Bottom



sweater, gap. blouse, secondhand. chiffon maxi skirt, american apparel. booties, h&m.





Good morning! Hope everyone is well and your week is going by smoothly. 
For this outfit, I was going for a darker look (obviously), topping off the contrast of my outfit by matching a matte lipstick to my bordeaux maxi. I just bought this chunky knit cardi the other day, and I'm already wishing the weather was ice cold (well maybe not ice, just not 85 like it's been every day) so that I can wear it without breaking a sweat! I had worn the cardi as a layering piece for my 6am drive to school, and for the first few hours of school when it was still a cool 60 degrees out. Later in the day, it heated up quite a bit, forcing me to take off the piece (even though I really, really didn't want to). In these photos it was actually already about 80 degrees, but I put on the sweater so I could show all of you! 
As for now, I'm going to spend the rest of my break between classes watching Zooey Deschanel's latest show, New Girl. It hasn't aired on television yet, but you can download the pilot episode off of iTunes for free! Not gonna lie, I have the biggest girl crush ever on this lady (besides Olivia Wilde and Natalie Portman). Not only does Zooey make some sweet tunes, but she also has a lovely sense of style! Very put together, and her hair always looks flawless. And have you seen those sky blue eyes? MY GOODNESS SHE IS A GODDESS. If you haven't heard her band, She & Him, I recommend you check it out. That is, if you're a lover of folk rock tunes. 


Listening now: Designer Drugs, "Drugs in my Body (Thieves Like Us Remix)"

5 comments:

  1. I like this one. I didn't think I was ever going to comment because I could just tell you when I see you; buuuut I like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only now found your blog but i fell in love with it! loving and from now on im your new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked photos & cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg how stunning are you!?

    Just discovered your blog and not sure why you don't have more followers!

    Following you now :)

    if you get a chance, check out my blog (shamelessly self promoting)

    www.fashionfazer.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it means so much! Have a beautiful day.